Clearwave® Awards $2,500 Grant to West Frankfort Nonprofit, Centerstone
February 17, 2022 – West Frankfort, Ill. - Clearwave Communications, a member of the Cable One family of brands, recently awarded a $2,500 grant to Centerstone through the company’s Charitable Giving Fund. Through this program, the company awarded more than $100,000 in grants during the winter of 2021 to 32 nonprofit organizations across its 24-state footprint.
Centerstone, a health system providing mental health and substance use disorder treatments, received a grant from Clearwave to help provide supplies to clients such as temporary shelter, transportation to treatment, jobs, medical appointments, non-perishable food, and more to address their basic needs and set them up for treatments.
"Many members of the community, individuals and families, who come to Centerstone for help are homeless, hungry, without transportation or phones, in addition to suffering from mental health or substance use disorders. Prior to making any progress in treatment, basic needs must be addressed and met," said Erin Camfield, Centerstone Director of Advancement. "Thanks to funding from this grant, we're able to help meet these basic needs for our clients and homeless individuals, which in turn benefits our community as a whole. When we provide services to assist the homeless, we are not changing the life of just one person, we are forever changing the lives of families."
The Charitable Giving Fund annually awards more than $200,000 in grants to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served Clearwave and the other Cable One family of brands (Fidelity Communications, Sparklight®, ValuNet Fiber and Hargray), and concentrates support in the following priority areas:
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Community Development
Nonprofit organizations will have the opportunity to apply for a grant during open application periods each spring and fall. Applications for spring 2022 grants will open between April 1 -30, 2022.
"Through our philanthropic initiatives and support of our local nonprofit organizations, we are helping to build strong and vibrant communities, improve quality of life, and make a positive difference in the cities and towns where we live and work," said Julie Laulis, Cable One President and CEO.
The Charitable Giving Fund is an extension of the company’s existing corporate social responsibility efforts, which include:
- Chromebooks for Kids, an initiative in which the company donates Chromebooks to Title I schools across its footprint. To date, the company has donated more than 2,000 Chromebooks to help bridge the digital divide in schools that lack funding.
- Supporting national organizations dedicated to advancing racial equality, justice, education and diversity, including the Equal Justice Initiative, the Emma Bowen Foundation and the National Diversity Council.
- Supporting the mission of Special Olympics Arizona, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports, as well as health, arts, and leadership and advocacy programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Planting trees through the Arbor Day Foundation on behalf of customers who switch to paperless billing. To date, the company has planted 120,000 trees in its markets and national forests.
- Supporting the mission of Keep America Beautiful in cleaning up and beautifying communities across the U.S.
For more information about the Clearwave Charitable Giving Fund, visit www.clearwave.com/charitablegiving.
About Clearwave Communications
Clearwave’s mission is to meet the demand for connectivity in the rural markets we serve by offering a diverse choice of voice and data solutions. By deploying our own next generation communication network and providing superior customer support, Clearwave will be the “Clear Choice” for your telecommunications needs today and in the future.